These summary points are intended as a guide. Any references to sections within the full OnePay Terms and Conditions are available here.
To help you understand your OnePay Card and account Terms and Conditions, below is a summary of some key points.
Your Card is not transferable, it may only be used by you.
LOADING YOUR CARD
- Until you have completed additional identification checks, you will be a Primary Customer. Funds may only be loaded onto Primary Customer Accounts by electronic transfer by an employer or employment agency that has been verified by us.
- After you have completed additional identification checks you will become a Select Customer of ours. We will provide Select Customers with their account details, this includes your account number and sort code. Funds may be loaded onto Select Customer Accounts by electronic transfer from any bank accounts held in the United Kingdom.
- If a you have not completed additional identification checks within 12 months from application date, the account may be closed. We will communicate with you throughout the 12 months to remind you of your requirement to complete additional checks. More details on how to do this can be found at How to become a Select customer.
- If an individual or employer that has not been verified by us loads funds onto the account before you have become a Select customer, we may require you personally to provide evidence of identity, residence and other information. We reserve the right to suspend your account until you have provided us with the requested information. We may, without stating reasons and with no right to compensation to you, refuse to activate your Card and to open an account. You will be notified of this refusal by e-mail.
USING YOUR CARD
- You may use your Card worldwide at any Merchant that displays the Mastercard acceptance mark, excluding limited Merchants in EU/EEA that do not accept prepaid products. We cannot guarantee that a Merchant will accept your Card.
- You will receive either an SMS message or an email each month advising that your statement of account is available in your Online Portal.
- We may at any time suspend or restrict your Card for the following reasons:
- If we are concerned about the security of the Account, Online Portal or your Card; and
- If we reasonably suspect the Account, Online Portal or your Card is being used in an unauthorised, fraudulent or grossly negligent manner;
If we do so then we will notify you as soon as reasonably practical, unless we cannot for security reasons or prohibited from doing so by law.
TERMINATION AND EXPIRY
- You have the right to withdraw from this Agreement for a period of up to 14 calendar days beginning from the commencement of the Agreement (the “Cooling-Off Period”) without any penalty but subject to deduction of any fees incurred by us only in relation to Transactions you have made (see Section 13 in your full Terms & Conditions). If you withdraw from the Agreement during the Cooling-Off period no other fees or charges will be incurred. You can withdraw by contacting Customer Services within the 14 day Cooling Off Period.
- You also have the right to terminate this Agreement after the Cooling-Off Period at any time. You can do so by contacting Customer Services. On receipt of your instruction, we will debit any outstanding Transactions and deduct any applicable fees. You can then redeem your unused Available Funds as specified in Section 10 in your full Terms & Conditions
- We may terminate this Agreement immediately and without prior notice under the following circumstances:
- If you have breached this Agreement;
- You use (or allow someone else to use) the Account and/or your Card improperly, illegally or for criminal activity;
- We must do so to comply with any law, regulation or by order or recommendation of the police or any relevant governmental or regulatory authority or court; or
- We establish any information we relied upon in allowing you your Card was untrue
- You have been a Primary Customer for 12 months having not yet completed ID verification under Section 3(b) in your full Terms & Conditions.
KEEPING YOUR CARD SECURE
- You must not give your Card to other people or allow others to use it.
- You may also have other Security Details that you use in connection with the Card (for example, your Safeguard System passcode). You must not share any PIN or Security Details with anyone else. We would never ask you for your PIN.
YOUR RIGHT TO A REDEMPTION
- You have the right to redeem your Available Funds at any time, whether in full or in part, before the termination date. After termination redemptions are only available in full.). You can do so by contacting Customer Services, indicating the amount to be redeemed.
YOUR LIABILITY FOR TRANSACTIONS
- If you believe that a Transaction has been incorrectly made or was not authorised by you, you must inform us immediately via Customer Services. If you do not notify us as soon as you become aware and within 13 months of the date of the unauthorised or incorrectly made Transaction, you will lose your entitlement to have the matter corrected.
- Where we establish that a Transaction was not authorised by you and you have notified us as soon as you are aware and within 13 months of the date of the unauthorised Transaction, unless Section 11(c) in your full Terms & Conditions applies, we shall refund to you the full amount debited without authorisation.
- You will be liable for:
- all losses incurred in respect of a Transaction made by us which was not authorised by you, if you have acted fraudulently, or have intentionally or with gross negligence failed to comply with the obligations set out under Keeping Your Card Secure (Section 8 in your full Terms & Conditions) or you have not notified us as soon as possible in accordance with Section 11(b) in your full Terms & Conditions; and
- where Section 11(c)(i) in your full Terms & Conditions does not apply, up to £35 of any losses incurred in respect of a Transaction not authorised by you, where you have otherwise failed to comply with your obligations under Keeping Your Card Secure (Section 8).
- If we refund a disputed Transaction to the Account and subsequently receive information to confirm that the Transaction was authorised by you and correctly deducted from your Available Funds, we shall:
- deduct the amount of the disputed Transaction from your Available Funds; and
- re-charge any fees and/or charges that you owe us.
PACKAGES, FEES AND LIMITS
To view all our packages and fees that apply to the usage of the Card click here
Alternatively, to view our packages, fees and all limits that apply to the usage of the Card, you can view them within the full Terms & Conditions by clicking here.
- When applying for a Card you may choose one of the fee packages PAYG, Active or ActivePlus. A package fee may be payable by you on a monthly basis (see Section 13(b) above for details). The first package fee (or a proportionate part thereof) shall be charged to your Account immediately on first load. All subsequent package fees will be charged monthly in advance on the first day of each calendar month (the “billing cycle”). You can change your fee package at any time. On receipt of a package change request you will be charged the new package fee (or a proportionate part thereof) immediately. All subsequent package fee payments will be charged monthly in advance in accordance with the billing cycle. Reductions to your fee package, will take effect on the first day of the next calendar month and the new fee package will be charged to your Account in accordance with the monthly billing cycle.
- You must let us know as soon as possible of any changes to your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. We may request proof of any changes to your details.
COMMUNICATIONS / LOST AND STOLEN CARDS
- You must report your Card lost or stolen as soon become aware, by calling the Lost and Stolen Card Contact Number, which is available 24 hours a day, or report your card lost or stolen via the Online Portal.
- If you are unhappy in any way with your Card, or with the way it is administered or serviced, please contact Customer Services